Friday, September 29, 2006

A Post Unrelated to IF

While my life has pretty much revolved around IF lately, I am on an official respite from the topic since I'm sitting out of the game this month. I'm actually pretty happy today. Here are some of the reasons why:

TV
- A bunch of good TV shows are back again: Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Nip/Tuck
- And some new ones that I like: Men in Trees, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
Really bummed that Related got canceled, though. For those of you who don't know that one, it was about a family of four sisters and their lives and relationship with each other. It was a pretty wacky family, but extremely endearing. Why do they always have to cancel the shows that I love? They got rid of Everwood, too. Dang them!

Movies
2 of the 4 guys on my "island" are now in a movie together: Matt Damon and Mark Wahlberg in the upcoming The Departed. This is truly a reason to celebrate. If you don't know what I'm referring to with the island reference...don't ask :)

Workout Progress
I've worked out every night but one this week! And the desire to continue doing so is still strong. Definitely a good thing, and I feel better about myself, too.

Weather
It's supposed to get into the 70's this weekend, and cloudy, too. Fall weather, come on over! Thoughts of bundling up, sweaters, and fall festivals abound. Maybe we'll go pick apples this weekend and savor the smell of hot apple cider. Mmmm....

My Husband's Back
He was out of town on business all week, and he got back last night. It was a very good...ahem...home-coming! That makes us both happy :)

TGIF
It was a tough week at work, but rewarding in certain ways as well. There's nothing like a Friday when you feel like you've accomplished good things and really earned that paycheck. Cheesy, but honest. You know what I mean??

The Weekend is Wide Open
No plans, we've got a blank slate. Sometimes those are the best kinds of weekends. I think I'll wake up, make some good coffee, and enjoy the crisp morning in the backyard. And watch the hummingbirds enjoy their sugar water from my feeder. Hope they don't fight too much over it. They love that stuff.

There's probably more, but that's all that comes to mind right now. I'm just in a pretty contented state of mind, and in this uncertain / disappointing / angry / resentful / confusing world of IF, I thought I'd share! Hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments: