Sunday, September 03, 2006

Getting Tested Tomorrow

Well, I am 16 dpo...and still no AF. I took a hpt today, but I don't think I had enough urine since the reference line was pretty light (it was negative). I go to the RE tomorrow for an official pregnancy test, and it was slightly amusing when the receptionist at the office today was so upbeat and hopeful for me when the treatment I've received at that office has ranged from lukewarm to cold. They've not been a horrible office, but they haven't knocked my socks off, either. So tomorrow, we'll see what the blood test says.

Ok, total honesty now...I don't want to jinx myself, but I just feel pregnant. I'm even being so bold as to not wear a pantiliner during the day because I just don't feel like AF is going to come. Yesterday I came up with what I thought was a great idea and decided I wanted to do a little day-trip to a small town about 1 hour driving distance from where we live. It was a beautiful, windy (windy, as in way curvy road, not as in the gusts were blowing at 50 mph) drive. I woke up with a headache, and realized that when we got into the windy parts of the drive, that it was really making my head feel worse - then I got really woozy. I'm not normally a gal who gets car-sick, and we've done this drive several times before. By the time we arrived, I hurriedly got out of the car, fearing that my worst fear of vomiting in the middle of this small town was going to come to fruition. But we started walking, and as we made our way through several antique shops, the queasiness started to go away. Once we stopped for lunch, I started to feel much better.

Boobs are sore, and I seem to have a headache every day now. I just feel different from all my previous cycles, and I never have such a long luteal phase, either. So we'll see. I'm cautiously optimistic, but also haven't let myself get too excited because it could just be I'm having a freakishly strange cycle and still get my period - just really, really late. I dunno...tomorrow will be interesting!

1 comment:

Bea said...

I just wanted to say kudos for having the guts to announce your hunch on your blog!

I'll be hoping you're right.

Bea