Monday, September 04, 2006

There's Good News..and Other News

I went in for a blood test today, and just got the results. The test indicates that I am indeed pregnant, but my HCG level was only 14.7 - very low for where I should be at this point. This could mean that I have an ectopic pregnancy, or it could also mean that my pregnancy continues normally, the HCG levels increase, and I go on to deliver a healthy baby. I go back this Friday for a re-test, and in the meantime, I continue on my prenatal vitamins and progesterone suppositories.

So the good news is that I'm pregnant! I knew it, I just knew it. The flip side though is that the nurse instructed me to be "cautiously optimistic", because those HCG numbers were pretty low. Of course I am about to go Google about low HCG levels, and learn what I can about this. I would really appreciate your thoughts and prayers - I could use all the help I can get!

2 comments:

beagle said...

I so hope it's good news on Friday! Will keep everything crossed for you as well.

Dramalish said...

There's a phrase around these parts- perhaps you've heard it before: "PUPO" or "Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise."
I will hope for the best of the best for you, m'dear.

This is good news! Especially for your very first DIUI!!!
:)
-D.