Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm ok...

Thanks so much to everyone who has posted such supportive comments. My husband has been very supportive as well, but you get a different/complementary type of support from women that just can't be denied! You all rock!

So I'm doing ok...for some reason, I started to have a sinking feeling about this pregnancy last week, when I saw how low my HCG numbers were. By the time Saturday rolled around and I saw that my numbers had decreased, I was a bit prepped for it, mentally. I just sat at the kitchen table and cried a little bit. Not even the sobbing, put-your-whole-body-into-it type of crying, just lots of tears rolling down my face. Then, hubby and I went out to a nice steak dinner, and I had a glass of wine.

The good news is I can enjoy my wine again during this respite from baby-making, and even have an occasional mocha or two (I'm not a huge caffeine addict, I just think mochas are yummy, albeit high-calorie indulgences). Add sushi to the list, too.

The bad news is that I have to be in this wait-and-see mode now. Best case, I start AF soon, and have another cycle after that (when I can go for IUI #2). Worst case, my body takes longer to regulate, or I don't have a normal miscarriage on my own. I did start some very light spotting (brown) a few days ago, and have started to feel some cramping that's a little stronger than normal. So I think my body is in the process of the miscarriage - just wondering how long it's going to take to get things back to normal.

The main pregnancy symptoms that are still with me are the sore boobs and heightened sense of smell. Boy, has that one been something! I've been gagging on ladies' perfumes, the "scent-free" lotion that my husband used this morning, and even on the mint Chapstick that I previously loved so much...now it just plain stinks :)

Thank goodness I have found so many interesting blogs to keep me busy during this waiting period...

1 comment:

Jena said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Although it feels weird to wish for it, I hope your AF reappears soon - good luck!