Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Number are Rising...Not Fast Enough?

I went in for another blood draw today, and my HCG level is now 181. It was 52.9 four days ago, and the nurse said that the good news is the levels are rising, but that they're still not as high as they usually like to see. I go in for another blood draw this Saturday, and she thinks that will be fairly conclusive in showing that I have a viable pregnancy or not.

Although I still feel pretty positive about my overall state, of course the nerves have started to sink in. It probably doesn't help that I'm blogging right after my conversation with her, either. Almost like drinking and dialing...except I'm getting scary news and blogging :)

Has anyone experienced (or know anyone who has) lower HCG levels than normal and had normal pregnancies? On the one hand, I get information from Dr. Google that says as long as your HCG levels continuously rise, you're ok; "normal" levels vary widely from woman to woman. It also says that although your numbers should double every 48-72 hours, that even a 60% increase is acceptable and considered normal. Although I started at a low number, they seem to be increasing ok when I do the math...yet I still get the cautious tone from the nurses every time they report the numbers to me. They also say that it is absolutely possible for me to have a normal pregnancy, blah...blah...blah.

Now I have to count the days till Saturday and hope for good and conclusive results...Sigh...

2 comments:

Dramalish said...

It is true what Dr. Google says about betas. A 60% rise can be A-OK. The hard thing to know is what is normal for YOU and *this* pregnancy.

I hope all is fine and dandy, and will keep repeating:
PUPO
NBHHY

:)
-D.

beagle said...

Still keeping everythign crossed for you. I think they feel they have to tell you the cautions. But like Dramalish says: PUPO and NBHHY!!

Good Luck Saturday and staying as tress free as possible until then.