Sunday, October 22, 2006

Life revolves around getting knocked up

So I started a new cycle a few days ago, and am humming along with the fertility drugs. Taking Clomid right now, and am happy to report that the hot flashes have yet to begin. Instead of being so depressed last cycle after the miscarriage, I am now dutifully distracted by all the drugs, cycle days, and other various details one has to pay attention to when trying to conceive.

I have been super-busy at work, and so has hubby. While it has been a challenge, I've been thinking we've been doing a pretty damn good job; leaning on each other as needed, and the not-so-busy person picking up the slack without needing to be asked. And then trading places appropriately. Then, some business travel of mine just got reshuffled, and BAM!...it's smack dab in my ovulation window.

I try not to think of myself as a special person just because of my IF challenges. I know that people are challenged in a myriad of ways, so my IF plight is just par for the course. It just really stinks when you're doing your best to hum along in life (with IF being a subset of said life), and you realize your life really does revolve around it because it's such a timing game. I talked to hubby about the trip, and we both decided we wouldn't travel that week. Period. So I told my boss I had a personal conflict, and she was ok with it. Hopefully this isn't a foreboding of things to come with future cycles.

2 comments:

beagle said...

It does get tricky, juggling all the schedule issues. I've tried very hard not to have it run my life, but somehow it kind of does anyway (at least at certain times). I'm glad your work can be flexible. That's something on the plus side!

Good Luck this month!

Jena said...

It is a pain trying to schedule your IF life and work life - especially if you're keeping your IF life a secret. I sometimes wonder what my boss thinks is wrong with me that I have all these doctor appointments! I still have one a week, but it's not nearly as bad as when I was on repronex and going in 3 times a week, I think the boss thought I was at death's door! It's a great sign that your boss is understanding and not forcing the issue - good luck to you!