Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I Sent Him an Email

As a follow-up to my last post, I wanted to provide an update on what I did last night. After the feeling-sorry-for-myself stage passed, my husband called me. Still feeling blue and uncommunicative, I wasn't very chatty, and our discussion was brief. Then I felt like a complete jerk, and wrote him an email.

I told him how, although I've had my good days, I've had some really bad days as well. And that, although I know he's got a lot of stress in his life, that this sort of trumps all that other stuff because...well, because it does. I told him I was sorry for coming off as mean, aloof, and distant. And then I told him that I really miss and love him, and can't wait for him to come home on Friday so we can make the most of our weekend (I leave on business Monday night). He responded like the gem that he is. Tomorrow will be a better day.

4 comments:

Dramalish said...

I'm so glad you talked w/ DH. This DX is so friggin' hard sometimes- especially when it seems like your spouse isn't with you in it all the way.

I hope you are enjoying your "better day." Enjoy your hubby and have a good weekend.
-D.

beagle said...

That'wonderful! Enjoy your weekend together.

Baby Blues said...

After my "feelin-sorry-for-myself" stage, I usually make it up with my hubby. I know he really wants to make me feel better, but sometimes I just have to go through this stage to bounce back. Those really bad days are tough and it's twice as tough for our hubbies. My hubby would tell me that he's more worried to how I'd react. He deals with it better. But dealing with me is tougher.

So go ahead and proceed to better days. You deserve a good weekend!

ak1908 said...

Hi,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. We're in the same boat with dx. I hope you enjoyed your better day and will have many more to come. I know that azoospermia is bad on us, but I sometimes wonder if it is worse on our hubbies. Anyway, you're in my thoughts and I will continue stopping by to check on ya!!!