Thursday, November 30, 2006

DIUI #3 and Other Holiday Ramblings

Yes, I'm on to DIUI #3. I'm doing the same drugs and everything, and am currently on cd8 and taking Estress 2x/day. So things are on track as far as TTC is concerned. It took me almost 2 full cycles to realize that all the hormones have made me quite the raging b*tch at times, and what a light bulb went off in my head when my husband sheepishly asked, "Can those drugs that you've been taking make you a little...moody?" Poor guy. We made a pact - I will try to be less moody and volatile and he will try to be sensitive to my challenges and not bait me so much. I think that's a good understanding to reach!

In other life news, I'm not feeling very holiday-ish this year. I suppose this is common for the fertility-challenged, but it's pretty bad. It's not like I'm being a total scrooge, but this is usually my favorite time of year when I would have busted out the holiday decorations already, and in a good year - would even have the lights hung on the house by now! I did have anticipation for the autumn season though, and those are the decorations that still dominate my home right now. Perhaps another reason I'm not into decorating is because I'm not hosting anyone for Christmas this year - we're traveling for both sides of the family. Will I even have the energy to get the tree out and decorate it? Only time will tell.

How are the rest of you feeling about the holidays? Have you started Christmas shopping yet, or are you one of those extremely annoying people that finishes their shopping by July of each year? Ok, you're only annoying because that is way too organized for even an anal person such as myself.

On a more positive note, I am starting to listen to Christmas music. But mainly only this Celtic Christmas album I bought at the end of last year, cause I'm sort of in a Celtic music phase right now. Not the full-blown Nat King Cole tunes or anything like that...although I am learning some classic Christmas songs on the piano. I've been really into piano lately, which is a nice de-stresser in my life. Played growing up, and was intermittent for the last 10 years or so. So it's nice to pick this up again. Better stop the rambling before it gets too out of control.

Hope everyone is feeling positive and optimistic this holiday season - when it gets tough just remember all the good things in your life that you are thankful for. Then take a deep breath...and s-m-i-l-e :)

4 comments:

Gil said...

Ah yes, the insanity of Christmas preparations. I'm on DIUI #1 (currently in my 2ww) and I have 11 days to finish Christmas prep before hubby and I go on vacation. Only 11 days!! Our Christmas lights are... sorta up. Most of my Christmas cards are done (I send about 200), some decorations in the house are done, and tomorrow the rest gets done and the tree goes up. Even though we'll be away for Christmas, I'm NOT coming back for New Year's to a dull, uninspiring home darn it!

As for the moodiness; oh God, I can relate. The hormones hit me hard some days. And I know I'm not really the insane b*tch that screams at my hubby. Usually, I'm so easygoing. But there have been mornings when before I put my feet on the floor, I'm screaming at my hubby and my blood pressure is through the roof. Stress anyone? Hormones? I'm right there with you. *hugs* Peek at my blog for details on this and other craziness. And hang in there. I'm rowing in this boat right alongside you.

Dramalish said...

The holiday blahs... oh how I remember them. Do whatever it takes to keep your sanity and preserve what you can of a happy holiday spirit. Listening to Christmas music sounds like a good way to do that.
BEST of luck for DIUI #3. I hope the third times the charm for you, darlin'.
-D.

beagle said...

Good Luck with diui#3!

I'm not feeling very holiday-ish either. I am coping by buying almost everything online. No kid or toy stores for me. I am not decorating. I woiuld actually like to send the gifts this year and have a couples getaway but my husband won't go for it. On a bad day I am tempted to go alone!

On a good day I try to count my blessings and look ahead to happier times.

Jena said...

I don't have the energy to do much. We did pull out the tree last weekend and put it up - but I have a 12yo SS who would have been bummed to have no decorations. The good news is that I just hand out the decorations and DH and SS put them up as I kick back in a chair. :D But I definetly did not pull out everything this year, just the basics. I'm also craving some Christmas cookies and am trying to decide if I should make a Martha Stewart attempt at fancy decorated cookies or just eat them as fast as they come out of the oven.

I know last year I was an uber-b!tch at christmas - it was my 2nd month on Clomid and I had both my mom and MIL staying with us. I buried my TTC emotions while attempting to make Christmas "perfect". I don't really recommend the strategy. It almost drove DH insane along with me.

Sticky baby dust for DIUI#3!!