Monday, August 06, 2007

Oh Happy Day

I'm happy today, in a contented, calm, all-is-right-with-the-world sort of way.

Yesterday, DH surprised me in a wonderful, yet oh-so-him kind of way. I haven't been sleeping too well during this final stretch of pregnancy, and usually get in a nap a day. We were running around doing errands, and my crankiness factor was increasing exponentially relative to every minute that continued to pass without a nap. I felt like a child who needed to be put down, hah!

So when we finally got home, he dropped me off and said he needed to go to an electronics store to return some stuff, and I stayed home and took my nap. When he returned about 30 minutes later, he was asking me when I was gonna get up, etc., which I thought was weird because he usually just lets me do my thing when I'm resting. So I got up since I felt pretty rested anyway, and came downstairs with him. Next thing I know, he's giving me this goofy smile, and after 10 more dense minutes on my part, I finally noticed the little card that he had on the kitchen island.

He had gotten me a little something to commemorate the upcoming milestone in our lives that is a baby. For under the card, was a little gift box...and when I opened it, there it was. A perfect, beautiful, sweet, amazing ring of diamonds and pink sapphires. He explained that he recognizes all the sacrifices I've been making to have a healthy baby (especially with the latest challenges posed with the gestational diabetes meal plan), and wanted to get something for me before it becomes all about baby Kiwi. He can still make me melt, and my pregnancy hormones even made me shed a few tears. He is my husband, and I love him dearly for who he is, and who I am with him.

We've also settled on a name for Kiwi, which I will not share yet. I'm not sure if I'll share her full name since this is still a public blog, and we want to maintain anonymity while still sharing our story. But it was wonderful after receiving the gift from hubby that he called her by the name that's been at the top of our list, but that we had not confirmed with each other yet. So we have a name, a time, and a place that we will meet her. I can't wait.

4 comments:

Dramalish said...

Everything sounds wonderful, and what a sweet present.

I'm so excited for Kiwi's arrival.
:)
-D.

beagle said...

What a sweet hubby!

Happy said...

How sweet! He sounds so supportive and happy with the decision you two made.

Nina said...

Talking about pregnancy hormones...I just shed a few tear myself here reading your wonderful post. Maybe I should make J read the post too...get him inspired :-)

Good luck with everything, I can't believe you are soon going to meet the Kiwi.