Monday, August 13, 2007

The Countdown is On

Well folks, we're currently at T minus 4 days, and boy am I ready to get this show on the road! The baby dropped early last week, so things are very heavy and pressure-filled in yonder pelvic region. It seems like I get a new symptom of discomfort on a daily basis now (cramping, stronger Braxton Hicks, back pain...), as my body is telling me in no uncertain terms that it is preparing for labor. I just hope Kiwi doesn't decide to make an early appearance; hold on till Friday, baby girl.

I did manage to squeeze in a pedicure last week, and am going to get my hair cut today. My hair has gotten so long and thick during this pregnancy, I'm hoping I don't lose too much of it as the hormones get back on track post-delivery.

Other than that, I'm just laying low these days. I'm pretty uncomfortable physically, so am not really cooking and doing much around the house. Our maid service comes tomorrow, and I'll be glad to arrive home from the hospital to a clean house.

If I don't post again for awhile, please send good thoughts my way this Friday. Will post pictures and details about the birth once I'm feeling up to it.

7 comments:

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Wishing you all the best and I can't wait to see pictures!!

Nina said...

Wow. It's soon time. I also wish you the best in the world and hope that everything goes smoothly. Can't wait to see pictures of Kiwi.lu

beagle said...

Good Luck!

Jena said...

Sounds like you're ready for Kiwi! Good luck!

Happy said...

Good vibes flowing your way!!!

ak1908 said...

Hoping all went well with your delivery!!!

Heather said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Congratulations on being at the end of your pregnancy. I'll be keeping an eye on your site to see how you are doing.