Friday, April 06, 2007

Quick Update and Congrats!

Wonderful news today - Vee is pregnant! For those of you interested in popping by and providing your congrats, her blog is at http://sweetvee.blogspot.com/. I'm so excited for her - another successful IF to pregnancy story!

Some folks that could use some support are Beagle (pwp site) and Nina at http://stellaandben.typepad.com/stellaandben/.

As for me, things continue to progress nicely with the pregnancy. I feel movement pretty regularly now, and Kiwi seems to be most active at night after dinner. We have our 20-week ultrasound on Monday, and I CAN'T WAIT to find out whether Kiwi is a girl (like I've been thinking) or a boy (which will just crack me up to no end since I've been calling Kiwi a girl this whole time). I need to call the OB today to see if my triple marker blood test yielded any troubling results. This is where they test for down's, spina bifida, stuff like that. But apparently it has a high false positive test. It's been 2 weeks since I gave blood for the test so I'm thinking that no news is good news. But since this is such a key test I want to call them just to be sure...

I'm definitely showing and am amused at how nice people are to pregnant women. It just seems to lift them up and bring a smile to their faces, which in turn, makes me feel all good and happy inside :)

Once we find out the sex of the baby, all systems will be go in terms of nursery plans, etc. I've been holding out on buying anything until I find out, but that day is hopefully drawing near!

Hope everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

ColourYourWorld said...

Thanks so much !

I am looking forward to getting where you are now.
Good luck !

Happy said...

I'm so glad everything is going smoothly! Good luck!

beagle said...

Thanks for thinking of me.

I'm glad all is well with your little one. I hope you share the gender news when you get it! Then, may the shoppnig commence!