Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Mama's Intuition


I had my ultrasound on Monday, and it was so neat! The actual appointment took longer than I expected, around 45 minutes total. The ultrasound lady had all types of things she had to check for, like measurements of the skull, brain, femur, waist and various checks on the heart, face, and spine. She was very cool, and patiently explained what she was looking for to hubby and I. At one point she even took a picture of one of Kiwi's feet - when I asked her if she needed a measurement on that as well she said, "No, I'm just taking a picture of it for you 'cause it's cute..." How cool is that??

Everything checked out, and appeared normal. Kiwi weighs 12 ounces (my husband excitedly observed that she weighed the same as a can of beer - men and their observations), and was quite active during the appointment. It was so cute to see her little arms and hands and legs and feet moving about. At one point, we saw the perfect mug shot of her little face fill the screen, but the lady couldn't get a picture of it quick enough. Bummer!

My placenta did look a bit low, but didn't appear to be covering the cervix. I'll probably have to go back for another u/s, maybe in about 10 weeks. I see my OB next week and will get the details from him then.

My dream/intuition of Kiwi being a girl was right! I mentioned to the lady about the dream I had about her early in my first trimester, and she said that in her experience with patients and such, that those dreams are usually right about 80% of the time. I know lots of ladies who've either dreamed the correct gender or "just had a feeling" and were right. It's neat to think that somehow our bodies just know, to the extent that our minds are consciously aware too.

Here's the best pic I got of her yesterday, a cute little profile. Isn't my baby girl a cutie?!

6 comments:

Dramalish said...

Kiwi is more precious than words!!! Congratulations, GIRLS ROCK!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited for you. I hope you can post updates every now and then.
:)
-D.

beagle said...

Very cute! Congratulaions!

Happy said...

OH MY GOSH!! She looks like a baby in the picture!! So often babies don't have a baby look to the lay person, LOL. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

ak1908 said...

Beautiful!!!! Congrats!!!!

ultimatejourney said...

Hello, fellow azoospermia wife here. My husband just underwent testicular surgery to search for sperm. We found out that he is not producing any sperm, so we are planning to use donor insemination to have a family. I'm glad find other woman who have been through similar experiences.

Congratulations on your little girl! She looks beautiful.

Jena said...

How adorable - what a great ultrasound pic! I'm so happy for you. Glad you came off of hiatus to share with us. I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes very very smoothly for you.