Thursday, March 08, 2007

Snap, Crackle, Pop!

With the arrival of my 2nd trimester have come some interesting developments.

The Good News
Morning sickness seems to have disappeared, and I'm not as tired as I used to be. Whereas in my worst days, I would wake up, eat breakfast, and go back to bed - I don't need to do that anymore! I can still nap with the best of 'em when I get a chance, but this is more out of luxury than necessity.

The Other News
My skin continues to break out worse than when I was a teen. I seem to lack the pregnancy glow that everyone talks about. Oh well, you can't have it all. I am starting to show, and have converted to maternity clothes almost exclusively. I figure now that the news is out, I may as well be comfortable! And it's kind of neat to see just how nice people are to pregnant women. Enjoy it while it lasts, that's what I say. And finally, for the latest phenomenon...there must be a lot of movement and expansion going on in my pelvic area, because many times when I get up from a sitting or laying position, any number of bones either snap, crackle, or pop! It's like the sound of someone cracking their knuckles, except it's my hip, pelvic area, or lower spine. It doesn't hurt at all, but just throws me off my game a bit and makes me feel like I'm falling apart :) Hubby just laughs at it all, as he seems to do often these days.

On the work front, I took the plunge and approached a senior manager about my interest in joining his organization. It's the same overall organization I spoke about in my previous post, but he is the head honcho of it instead of the one position I was talking about that is a couple levels below him. He is actually very interested in talking to me further, and we have a meeting scheduled for next Monday. I'm excited! I need to work on my resume this week and make sure I'm ready for our conversation. That's what I'll try to do this weekend amidst the beautiful spring weather we're supposed to have. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Happy said...

Good luck w/the job exploration! It's nice to hear that your husband is as happy as you are. I was wondering about that aspect.

ak1908 said...

It's great to read that all is going well. Best wishes on the job front and I hope all continues to go well. Yay for second trimesters!!!!!!!