Monday, January 22, 2007

Graduation Day


I had my 8-week follow-up with the RE on Monday, and everything checked out wonderfully. Kiwi is 2 centimeters now - she has quadrupled in size from 2 weeks ago! And her heartbeat clocked in at 160 bpm. In this ultrasound pic, she is facing down, and that little circle above her body is her yolk sac that should disappear soon. Amazing!

I am to continue on the progesterone suppositories for another week and a half (will be 10 weeks), and the low-dose aspirin until week 12. Sigh...I thought I was done with those dang suppositories. Oh well, not much longer to go!

So I have "graduated" from the RE's office, and they'll be sending my medical records to my ob/gyn tomorrow. It was a strange feeling walking out of that office for the last time. It was a little sad, in a way. On the drive into the office, we drove by a friend who was leaving there. He and his wife have been battling a myriad of IF issues for several years. It has started to take a toll on their relationship even. They want to meet us for dinner, and DH and I have been struggling with the whole do we tell them or not dilemma. So I think I was sad for what they're going through, what we've been through, and what all of you have gone through or are currently facing. IF sucks, period.

Hope you enjoy the pic!

5 comments:

beagle said...

So glad all is well with Kiwi and her parents.

ak1908 said...

Congratulations!!! Happy graduation day!!! What a beauty!!

Dramalish said...

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. I'm so happy for you guys. Celebrate!!!
-D.

lucky #2 said...

She is beautiful! I love Kiwi's little brain -- you can tell she is smart!

Congrats on graduating! It is sort of a bittersweet experience because you've been through so much at the RE, isn't it?

Somewhat Ordinary said...

WOW!!! I agree with dramalish-CELEBRATE!