Tuesday, March 02, 2010

A Good Update

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted. After 2 unsuccessful IVF cycles to conceive with the original donor sperm that gave us our lovely daughter, we cut bait and switched donors.

The first time I purchased donor sperm, I only purchased 6 vials, and it took me 5 vials to get pregnant. I foolishly didn't think about purchasing more, and got screwed when we wanted to TTC again and I learned the donor had retired.

This time, I purchased 8 vials, and took 1 IUI cycle and 2 vials to get pregnant! Yes folks, I am 6 weeks pregnant as of last Friday, and we saw/heard the heartbeat at the RE's office yesterday.

I have all the usual symptoms I had last time...HUGE mood swings (...one minute, my husband is a complete buffoon, and the next minute, all is fine...), very sore boobs, sudden hunger attacks, morning/noon/night sickness. This time around, I also have an energetic toddler underfoot (she's 2.5 years old now - how did that happen??), and I am trying to teach her it's not ok to kick/head butt, or otherwise bring any force to Mommy's tummy. Wish me luck on that one. Otherwise, just color me tickled that we are on this journey once again, albeit the path was not a "typical" one.

Hope everyone is well.

10 comments:

amanda said...

Congratulations!

Nonnie said...

Bummer about the two failed cycles, but a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!!

Michele said...

Congrats!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Congratulations!!

rebecca said...

Congratulations...very exciting news!!! I'm also 6wks along & just heard our first ever heartbeat this week:)

~LFCA

Shop Girl said...

Wow, I'm honored that I got so many comments and still have any readership. Thanks, everybody, for the good wishes!

Kristi said...

Congratulations!

大年初一 said...

第一次睇你blog,鐘意!........................................

Gil said...

Good to see that you're posting again, and for a GREAT reason! Congrats! I'll be following along! :D

昭彥 said...

Drive carefully. It is not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker.............................................