Monday, June 15, 2009

TTC - Round 2

Well, we're going for baby #2, except this time we're doing IVF. I only had 1 via of donor sperm left, and of course the donor is no longer active. So to have a higher chance of conceiving a true sibling for my girl, we decided that IVF was the way to go. I've been stimming at morning and at night, and am on the schedule for the egg retrieval this Wednesday. I have 8 follicles, and we're tentatively targeting Saturday for the eggs to be transferred back.

I hope everyone is doing well!!! Would love updates on how you've all been!

8 comments:

Gil said...

Well you've seen my update hon. And I'm glad to see that you're back for round 2! Good on you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the IVF works for you!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I was pretty excited about seeing your update in my reader! This reminds me that I should probably buy some more vials in advance... Wishing you all the best on your cycle!!

Dramalish said...

Welcome back my dear.
Best of luck; I'll be reading.
-D.

Chastity said...

I'm glad to see an update! Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Very exciting, and best of luck!

When we were nearly out of vials (our donor retired from the program in 2004), I considered IVF as well, but then discovered another resource... the Donor Sibling Registry. Through the DSR, we were able to find another family with vials they were willing to sell. Since this time WILL work for you, it will be a moot point, but just sharing our experience.

Good luck again!

Anonymous said...

Woah...you're back! Yay!

Best of luck with this cycle!

Happy said...

How exciting good luck!

Shop Girl said...

Hi Bree - I never even thought of that...thanks for the tip!