Friday, January 25, 2008

Two Things - 1 Serious, 1 Not

Now that I'm back to work, I'm back to my old routine of listening to the radio while I get ready for my day. This is, of course, only on the days when hubby takes K to daycare and allows me to get in a full shower and primp. Those days are lovely...you'll never realize how prized showers are until you become a mother!

So anyway, there are a couple topics that have been discussed on the radio lately that I've been chewing on. One topic is serious, and the other is just fun. Let's start with the serious one.

I'm sure everyone has heard by now about Heath Ledger's death. I'm the type of gal who is so-so into celebrity news. I don't follow it religiously, but do enjoy thumbing through a Pe0ple magazine if I have a long flight and want some light entertainment. I was saddened about the news just as I'd be saddened to hear about anyone's death, and perhaps mildly more interested in this case because of his celebrity status. What stunned me was that people are actually planning on protesting at his funeral because of his portrayal of a gay man in Br0keb@ck M0ut@in. You can read an article about this here. WTF? Is this for real?? I'm not going to get into a long dissertation on how acinine this is, but seriously folks, get over it and leave it alone so his family and friends can properly honor and remember him. Enough said.

On a lighter note...another topic recently discussed on the radio is what has now been dubbed a "dream grudge". It's when someone you know wrongs you in your dream (your spouse cheats on you, your best friends lies to you, etc.), and you end up getting mad at them for it in real life! I thought this was flippin' hysterical because I've been known to hold a dream grudge against poor hubby for cheating on me - several times! Of course I know he didn't do it for real, so my grudge is completely unfair. But the dream seemed so REAL that my resulting hurt feelings are real as well. Makes me laugh again just thinking about it.

So to end a Friday post - what are your thoughts on either of the above topics?

4 comments:

beagle said...

That dream grudge thing has happened to me. Now when I wake up mad because we had a fight in my dream or whatever, I jsut tell C. too look out! (It helps to laugh it off and it also buys me the time to wake up and shake it off.)

As for protester at a funeral. That's just not right.

Chastity said...

A protest at any funeral is just disrespectful. The guy is dead; his family is heartbroken; he has a young daughter...show a little decency and keep your extremism to yourself. That's my take on it.

I think I've had a dream grudge, but not in a long time. Dreams have definitely effected the way I feel upon waking, but usually it goes away quickly.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I've had dream grudges and recently my mom has had one against me!

I can't even begin to talk about the funeral protest. It is disgusting and shows no compassion for human life. Those people are nuts and I think normal people should find the names of all these protestors and as they pass away we should all protest their funerals because they were sorry excuses for humans!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

I was upseat about the people protesting Heath Ledger's funeral as well. If you don't agree with the CHARACTER he PLAYED in a MOVIE, fine. But don't drag that into real life and act like a total a$$hat. Ahem.

As for the dream grude...rofl...oh yeah, I have been known to do that from time to time.=)